Monday, July 23, 2012

Breastfeeding Carnival Day 8: Pearls of Wisdom

This post was written as part of The Breastfeeding Cafe's Blog Carnival. For more info on the Breastfeeding Cafe, go to www.breastfeedingcafe.wordpress.com. For more info on the Carnival or if you want to participate, contact Timbra Wiist landslidephotography {at} hotmail {dot} com. Today's post is about Pearls of Wisdom. Please read the other blogs in today's carnival listed in the comments section at www.breastfeedingcafe.wordpress.com The Carnival runs July 16th through the 31st!  

July 23rd Prompt: Wisdom may be passed down to us from prior generations or just from friends who have already been there. Did you receive any “sage” wisdom from a mother in your life, prior to becoming one yourself? Not all people are so bold as to share their wisdom, what INFLUENCES in your life lead to your decision to breastfeed your child/ren? Was breastfeeding something you saw in your family? What were your feelings about breastfeeding before nursing your own babies?

I kind of touched on the topic of mothering influences to me last year in this post.   I will quote the part I'm referring to:

The first time someone nursed in public near me was at church.  Honestly I felt a little uncomfortable just because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to move to give her and her baby space or what I was supposed to do.  She put a blanket over her and her baby but I just felt weird like I should do something but I didn't know what.  I didn't want to make her uncomfortable so I tried to ignore it.  She continued to nurse her baby whenever she was hungry and I grew to realize that nothing was expected of me and it felt ok.  I've always felt strongly about nursing just didn't know what to feel about nursing in public.  After having a baby I realize that when baby is hungry it's best just to feed them... 

My friend has been an awesome example to me.  I've watched her raise her 4 kids that are all about 18 months apart and they are all so happy and sweet children.  She has always been a mother that I've admired and looked up to.  Shae-if you're reading-you're totally awesome!  Keep up the good work!  You're totally an inspiration to me being the awesome mom you are!!!  Your confidence nursing your little ones inspired me to be confident while nursing my boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment